- First and foremost, find a Buyers Agent that is knowledgeable and experienced and is familiar with the area you are wanting to search!
- Don?t wait until you have the money! Most buyers aren?t aware of all the financing options available to them that require little or no down payment. Ask your ?Buyers Agent? to recommend qualified & reputable lenders.
- Check into your mortgage options. You?ll want to obtain a written ?Pre-Approval? from a mortgage lender indicating the amount you will be qualified to borrow.
- Where would you like to live? Do you want to be in a certain school district? Need to be close to major highway or train? Concentrate your beginning point there.
- Think about your household needs. How many bedrooms you need, floor plan or design, size of garage, etc?
- Are you renting? Allow enough time so that when you are ready to move, you will be able to go right into your new home. Your ?Buyers Agent? can help you time it just right!
- Begin researching the market before you intend to buy. Start 6-9 months early! Ask your ?Buyers Agent? to start sending you listings. Through the internet & your e-mail you can receive automated ?up to the minute? notice on homes that fit your criteria and price range as soon as they become available to the market. Through ?Connect MLS?(A direct link to the Multiple Listing Service of Illinois which services 1000?s of listings from all it?s member offices)
- Disclosures and Contracts! And last but certainly not least, have your ?Buyers Agent? sit down and educate you on the many forms and documents you will be asked to sign. It is a complex process that has many potential pitfalls and glitches that demand the undivided attention and involvement of a Real Estate Professional who has been trained in the intricacies of negotiating and finalizing a transaction to completion. For many people, buying a home is an extremely emotional experience. Technology is a wonderful and powerful too, but that?s precisely what it is. It cannot and never will be able to offer the assurance, guidance and trust that is unique to the kind of personal interaction which a ?Buyers Agent? and their clients enjoy. It?s important to have someone to guide you through the process, strongly negotiate on your behalf and ensure you?re playing with the market, not against it!
We work hard for you!
© 2001-2018 Reliance Network and RE/MAX Northern Illinois.
All rights reserved. US Reg. Copyright TX-5-910-991, TX-5-910-992, TX-5-910-993, and TX-5-910-994.
Each RE/MAX® Office is Independently Owned and Operated. Equal Housing Opportunity.